Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 3


I was in much better spirits today....well, wouldn't take much to be better than yesterday 7 of today's 23 miles were on the shoulder of I-84. Going around Shellrock Mountain, the shoulder was only about 3 feet wide. I'm not sure how long that section was but I ran it in 3 minutes and 50 seconds, fear can be a great motivator. Actually the truck drivers were very courteous everywhere on the highway.....people driving motorhomes and pulling trailers....not so much.

We have moved the base camp from Cascade Locks to Hood River...one of my favorite towns anywhere!!!!! Picture is today's post run foot soak, Columbia River isn't very cold though.

Body is holding up very well. Ate a huge breakfast, got moved into the new condo going to take a short nap, then prowl the streets of Hood River. Detailed update later, including my feelings on Native American Fishing.

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing my friend! Great job on the runnng and great job on the reporting. I'll look forward to hearing about your adventures also. Tomorrow's the day - celebrate with wild abandon!! CNFJ

    ReplyDelete